Leading a team of 8 designers and visual technologists to create Experiences on Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality and Smart Devices.
Delivered numerous VR/AR experiences as part of Look forward strategy giving Management an early glimpse of future applications.
Developed timeboxed processes between Designers and Engineering to achieve measurable time and resource savings.
Led a team of researchers focused on Microsoft Surface hardware experience.
Developed new methods to quantify user experiences on Hardware.
Delivered great UX on: Surface Type keyboard, Surface Miracast Adapter, Ergonomic Keyboards and Surface accessory Apps.
Led a variety of Design and Research oriented projects- most notably HealthRadar: Nokia's innovative mobile disease surveillance tool for developing countries.
Designed & delivered Indian language input system for Nokia phones, Piloted an Agricultural information system for farmers.
Mapped and identified Design led Mobile service scenarios within constraints of socio-economic and cultural aspects of India
- "Spirit of Innovation in Shenzhen": Talk at Shenzhen Design Week 2017, China
- “Crafting Hardware User Experiences” Workshop at UserFriendly 2015, China
- “A bit of Design Thinking for Developers” Talk at the GIDS 2011, India
- “HealthRadar” Talk at IID-VisionPlus 2010, National Institute of Design, India
- "Location Based services in Emerging markets" talk at Helsinki Institute of Information Technology 2009, Finland
- Three granted US patents. Authored/co-authored 15+ filed patent applications in the area of Mobile Health, UI, Services, Language Input, App Sharing etc
- Chapter: Joshi D, Rath R: Experimental Research Approaches for Mobile UX in Emerging Markets, Book: Research and Design Innovations for Mobile User Experience, IGI publications 2013, USA
- Conference Paper: Jung Y, Joshi D, Narayanan V, Desai D: Solving the great Indic text input puzzle: Touch screen-based Mobile Text Input Design, Mobile HCI 2011, Stockholm, Sweden. - Journal Paper:
- User Experience of Mobile Internet: Analysis and Recommendations, International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction (IJMHCI) 09, July-September 2009, Vol.1, No. 3 - Joshi D, (2008).
- Experimental Interface to improve Mobile Internet UX, Position paper, workshop on Mobile Internet User Experience, Mobile HCI 08, Singapore.
- Seshagiri S, Sagar A, Joshi D, (2006). Connecting the Bottom of the Pyramid: an Exploratory Case Study of India's Rural Communication Environment presented at WWW07 conference, Banff, Canada.
- Nokia Inventor Oscars 2011 and 2009: 2nd Place, Outstanding performance in inventing.
- Nokia India Recognition (2011) as Top 3 Inventors, Outstanding performance in inventing and contributing to filing patent applications during the last 10 years.
- Best participant Award by National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad – eMacmillan, for a program on Graphics design for effective packaging.